OpenOffice 3.0 - currently broken

lanzen lanzenesi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 09:09:21 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 10 December 2008 20:08:34 Bruce Marshall wrote:

> After you extract it all from the tar ball, go down to the DEBS directory
> and then issue:
>
> dpkg -i *.deb
>
> but if I recall, there are some 'redhat' pkgs (two maybe) that need to be
> deleted first.   It will give an error on dependencies if they are not
> deleted.  No harm done to try it first.

Thanks Bruce, I eventually followed your advice and it worked nicely and
flawlessly at the first try, no error on dependencies.

Now I'm trying to get OOo documents with OOo3 and I've managed to get an "Open
file with" option for it, By any chance, do you know of any better way to do
it? I'd rather have OOo3 by default than 2.4.

--
lanzen