Problems with kwin and kwallet.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 10 00:05:21 UTC 2008

> memtest program that can be run directly from that cd/dvd.

I gave my installation CD to a friend.  Is the package you refer to in Adept
Package Manager?  What is it's name?

>find a friend with a digital multimeter and have him check
> the power supply's output voltages

I am alone, no friends but you guys.  But I did order a power supply tester,
and it is in route.  My new computer has a  hardware problem; I purchased the
tester to check my new 800W BFG Power Supply.  It has a slot for every power
cable.  Should have been here already, but no such luck.  I am keeping a copy
of your post and will check each power lead when it gets here.  Thanks for
the info.  Looks like I will get to use that tool twice.  I am having so much
fun.  That thought never occurred to me; I even think it will stick as a
memory for my forgetful mind-something about selectivity.  I want to remember
that.

> If you find problems, either with the memory, or with the psu, fixing that
> will probably get rid of 95% of your problems.

The only way I know to check memory is to try it in another computer.  Is
there another way?  Thanks friend.

Steven