Problems with kwin and kwallet.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 9 08:01:08 UTC 2008

> Delete the file /.kde/share/apps/kwallet/kdewallet.kwl

I renamed the kdewallet.kwl file to kdewallet lwk.  When I sent an
email, I entered the server password; Kwallet opened asking for my
password.  It did NOT ask for a new password.  I attempted the proper
password and it was refused again.  I am going to try Nils'
instruction.  I believe it will work, because it removes the same kind
of file ending that cured the Kmail problem.  If it works, I will type a
recapitulation of the repair.  You may want to enter it into memory
too.  It sounds like lots of people have problems with kwallet.  I
actually like the program and want to use it.  I am pretty sure I am the
one who screwed it up with my un-knowledgeable experimentation.

Thanks friend,

Steven