Can't play Youtube videos - Followup

Michael Satterwhite michael at weblore.com
Tue Dec 9 00:20:12 UTC 2008

On Monday 08 December 2008 05:32:07 pm Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> OK, I *FINALLY* got my sound working. Now I need to get YouTube videos
> playing. I've installed the kubuntu-restricted-extras, but YouTube still
> reports that I don't have Flash. What's the best way to fix this?

I've been examining the problem further. I have installed the
flashplugin-nonfree. I also downloaded the flash installer (.deb) and ran it.

I just looked in my ~/.mozilla directory, and it doesn't have a plugins
subdirectory. For whatever reason, this hasn't been created - so obviously no
reference to a flash plugin