3D desktop re:Panda 3D thread from last October

Alan Dacey GrokIt at ajinfosearch.com
Sun Dec 7 21:16:13 UTC 2008

I remember that Derick and Knapp were talking about making a 3D desktop
using Panda 3D (I think a Neuromancer theme would be perfect! Sweet
cyber-punk!).  I don't know if there is anything going on with this, but
if there is, I think I found something to look into. I was looking at
planet KDE and ran across this
<http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2008/12/02/widgets-enter-the-third-dimension-wolfenqt/>
from Qt.  It shows a bunch of working widgets on the walls of a
Wolfenstein maze.  It looks just like the type of thing that you guys
were talking about.  Don't know if it can help, but it's pretty cool anyway.

Alan

link from above in text:
http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2008/12/02/widgets-enter-the-third-dimension-wolfenqt/

--
"The second most satisfying thing in life is to totally understand a complicated concept. If you are very lucky you may attain *the* most satisfying thing in life and actually grok it."
                                                                         - author unknown