Partition mounting problem.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 7 14:46:23 UTC 2008

My sdb5 partition is probably improperly mounted.  Each time I boot up, I have
to go to Disk&File Systems in Hardy KDE3.5.10 to enable it, then I only have
use of a folder in the partition.  Prior to mount, it shows a permissions
problem.  When I can use the folder but try to put data in the partition
without also putting it in the folder, 'Access Denied.  Could not write to
sdb5'.

I have saved lots of data in a file in that partition, but nothing about this
partition is normal.  The ability to have the functioning folder was a help I
got from this List, several days ago.  The partition works, but poorly.  TIA

Steven