Kmail and Yahoo (was Re: konqueror search engines)

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 02:43:20 UTC 2008

2008/12/6 Steven Vollom <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net>:
> I am probably not using the term right but, when I click on the minus
> sign in the upper right corner and the page goes to (I have been calling
> it Taskbar, but it may be Tray Icon) it remains on, just not on the
> desktop.  If I right-click on that item on the Taskbar and click Quit,
> don't I shut the program off?  If that is the case, It was off when I
> typed in the instruction into the Konsole.
>
> When I right-click on the Kmail Icon on the taskbar I get configuration
> options not quit.  I guess most people keep the bar I am talking about
> at the bottom of the screen.  I don't Kmenu drops down from where I keep
> what I am calling a Taskbar.  What do you call the bar I call Taskbar?

The Taskbar is where you see the windows that you can Alt-Tab to. The
System Tray is where notifications and persistent applications are
shown. The Taskbar _usually_ shows an icon and the window title,
whereas the Taskbar _usually_ shows only an icon. If you post a
screenshot I will post it back with the interface elements clearly
marked.

Make sure that Kmail (and Kontact if you use it) are closed in both
the Taskbar and the System Tray before launching Kmail from the
Konsole.

> If I erased too much, I am trying to learn how to trim.

You trimmed perfectly! (you top posted, though :) )

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ا-ب-ت-ث-ج-ح-خ-د-ذ-ر-ز-س-ش-ص-ض-ط-ظ-ع-غ-ف-ق-ك-ل-م-ن-ه‍-و-ي
А-Б-В-Г-Д-Е-Ё-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-М-Н-О-П-Р-С-Т-У-Ф-Х-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-Э-Ю-Я
ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü