Kmail and Yahoo (was Re: konqueror search engines)

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 00:30:54 UTC 2008

2008/12/6 Steven Vollom <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net>:
>> Which encryption method are you using? Which authentication method are
>> you using? Have you confirmed that the server supports it?
>>
> SSL  Yes.

SSL is the encryption. What method of authentication are you using?

>> Off topic note to Steven: Note that here I quoted two levels deep, as
>> there was critical information there that is part of the trouble
>> shooting process and will be of value to archive diggers.
> I don't understand what you mean.  It is probably what is upsetting the
> other fellow.  I want to get it right.  I want to stay welcome.

You will remain welcome, don't worry about that! However, you should
have erased this text from your mail:
----begin----
> 2008/12/6 Steven Vollom <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net>:
>
>> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>
>>> Steven, do you have a checkmark for "server requires authentication"?
>>> If not, then try checking it and entering your username and password.
>>>

>> Already that way
>>
>>> Also, please confirm or deny: You can download email from your Yahoo
>>> account to Kmail, but cannot send mail.
>>>

>> confirm

----end----

Now, go open your Sent folder and find the message that I am replying
to. See all that text there? It shouldn't be there, you should have
trimmed (erased) it.

>>  Some people
>> would have simply not quoted anything in this case, which would be
>> fine too. But by including this off-topic note, I've certainly
>> offended a Linux Guru or two! Please flame me off list, thanks!
>>
> I hope they will forgive me until I understand.  I want to be perfect in
> my requests and responses.

Steven, don't worry, you are forgiven and welcome and we are here for
you! In general the community would prefer better trimming of your
quotes, but it is NOT such a big deal on this mailing list as it is on
other Linux mailing lists. You do not need to be submissive.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ا-ب-ت-ث-ج-ح-خ-د-ذ-ر-ز-س-ش-ص-ض-ط-ظ-ع-غ-ف-ق-ك-ل-م-ن-ه‍-و-ي
А-Б-В-Г-Д-Е-Ё-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-М-Н-О-П-Р-С-Т-У-Ф-Х-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-Э-Ю-Я
ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü