Keep it short

Wendell Cochran atrypa at eskimo.com
Fri Dec 5 16:41:55 UTC 2008

Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 09:51:02 -0500
From: Steven Vollom <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Kmail and Yahoo (was Re: konqueror search engines)

Steve, I realize that time is short & that you have much to do.
And I dislike adding to your burden, but:

Please trim your posts.

In the one cited above, more than 150 lines -- six full screens! --
could have been omitted without loss.

Trimming will give you practice in using an editor.  (I recommend vi.)

Trimming forces review of the topic & discussion thereof.

Short posts attract readers; long posts encourage them to skip on to
the next thing.  (We're all in hurry.)

In short, brevity will help others help you.

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle