Konqueror gets stuck when transferring files

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Dec 4 18:16:13 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> 2008/12/4 Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>:
>> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>
>>> Often when I copy / move files between computers I find that
>>> Konqueror get 'stuck' and the copy / move fails in the middle. The
>>> file transfer dialog litteraly says "stuck" and no more files move.
>>
>> I know you said "literally", but is that literally in English, or is
>> "stuck" your translation?   I often see, in English, "stalled", which
>> appears to happen when any KDE operation is trying to move data over
>> the
>> network and the sending side is slow.  It seems to be some kind of
>> timeout, but I haven't found a solution (short of using wget for some
>> purposes, which is really no solution at all).
>
> It is translated. In Hebrew the word I see is "תקוע" which could also
> be "stalled" in this sense> id not think that it is a timeout as the
> transfer rate seems high right up until the point that it happens, and
> it could happen within one second of initiating the transfer.

It happens to me often behind this firewall, where there's clearly some
kind of throttling going on.  I'll start downloading a file at 300KiB/s
or so, and after just a few seconds the breaks come on and it quickly
drops to 20KiB/s or slower, and then I'll expect to see "stalled" pretty
soon.
--
derek