edit source list /etc/apt/sources.list

Jerry Lapham rjlapham at cinci.rr.com
Wed Dec 3 06:30:48 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 11:31:10 pm uriah heep wrote:

> E: Type 'wget' is not known on line 37 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list
> E: The list of sources could not be read.
> Go to the repository dialog to correct the problem.
> E: _cache->open() failed, please report.
>
> From the little I know it seems I need to delete the error line but i do
> not know how to edit the file.

If you're using Dolphin in KDE 3.5.10 go to /etc/apt/ and right click on
sources.list.  Select Actions > Edit as root.  Type in your password and
KWrite should open allowing you to edit and save sources.list.

If not, you could open Konsole, cd to /etc/apt and type

	kdesudo kate source.list

	or

	kdesudo kwrite source.list

input your password, edit, and save.