which iso?

Willy K. Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 20:03:39 BST 2008

Peter Klaassen wrote:
> I have a new machine with an Asus P5GC-MX/1333 motherboard,
> Intel Core 2 Duo, and 2x2Gb DDR2 DIMM ram
> Should I download the iso for 64bit AMD/Intel in this case?
> And needing  Kmail and Firefox and Openoffice.org, Digikam, Kooka
> and Amarok as mission pritical apps is it wise
> already to choose voor KDE 4 or remain in the KDE 3.

i advise you to stick to 32-bit versions. as for which KDE, KDE3 is more
stable.
64-bit systems won't bring you much advantage over 32-bit for the
regular day to day work, and KDE4 with all it's beauty, will still crash
sometimes. OpenOffice, firefox, and amarok works excellently on KDE4,
never tried kmail and digikam, but kooka works good.

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems