Remove wallpaper

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Fri Aug 29 05:42:39 UTC 2008

On Thursday 28 August 2008 09:31:36 am Graham Todd wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:05:40 +1000
>
> Jim Lemon <jim.lemon at unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> > Thanks for that. I tried to install kde-desktop, but:
> >
> > a) apt-get (which seems to be something like yum) doesn't know what
> > that is and
> > b) when I tried to just install anything KDE that looked like it
> > might be kde-desktop, the install barfed and refused to do it.
>
> [snipped]
>
> Try (in a terminal):
>
> sudo apt-get kubuntu-desktop

Are you sure?  The response I got was, "E: Invalid operation kubuntu-desktop",
however synaptic installed it all perfectly!  And I didn't have to try and
remember how to phrase the question, just click and install!  I'm just
setting up a decon's new Dell 1525n for him.  We all seem to like using KDE
around here so we had to fix his Ubuntu Gnome factory install!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org