No IRC in Kopete for KDE 4.1?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Aug 28 14:41:13 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> 2008/8/28 Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>:
>> Fine, but it's linux - do one thing, and do it well.  What they should be
>> aiming for is using konversation as a plugin to kopete.
>>

> And AMSN as a plugin, and run the native windows Yahoo IM client in
> wine as a plugin, and something similar for ICQ I suppose?

Of course it shouldn't be running windows apps as plugins.

> The 'one thing' that Kopete does is chat- and it does it well. It
> supports multiple protocols.

But there _is_ a KDE IRC client, and there _isn't_ - and isn't likely to
be - further development of the IRC client in kopete.  So why not devote
some time to using an appropriate KDE component inside Kopete, so that it
then requires minimal future maintenance from the Kopete team?
--
derek