Opera, flash and amd64

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Mon Aug 25 04:51:15 UTC 2008

Am Montag, 25. August 2008 00:28:45 schrieb Graham Todd:
> On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 18:08:20 +0200
>
> Dexter Filmore <Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de> wrote:
> > So I moved to 64bit - now, how do I make Opera recognise the flash
> > plugin?
>
> [snipped]
>
> I believe (as yet) there is no Flash software for 64bit, only 32bit.
> If you search for "gnash" or "klash" (without the quotes) - the first
> is for GNOME and the second for KDE - in Adept or Synaptic, these are
> open-source SWF packages that have some of the effectiveness of the
> Flash player, and they are available in the 64bit version.

"Some" isn't good enough. Need the real deal.
I *know* that the 32b flash player works in 64, too - other people I know have
it working. I didn't start with a fresh /home tho but kept it when migrating
from debian (32b). Possible I got old files around but looking at the
contents of the flashplugin-nonfree package I doubt that's the problem.

Dex

--

http://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de