Ubuntu to Kubuntu?

Jason E. Dorfler JDorfler at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 15:47:46 UTC 2008

To those in the know,

I dual boot.  Right now I am very happy with my set up.  However, I wish
to try Kubuntu due to Mandriva using KDE being able to optimize my
hardware better than Ubuntu can at this time.  I'm thinking it may have
to do with KDE and not Mandriva itself.  If I install the Kubuntu
package on my Ubuntu install, will I be able to change back easily to
Ubuntu if it is not what I think it is?  If so, would it be wiser to use
a spare hard drive I have laying around, install Ubuntu, then install
the Kubuntu packages on top, or go ahead and download Kubuntu itself and
  install that fresh on said spare hard drive?  Thank you ahead of time
for your answers.

Jason
--
Jason E. Dorfler

MS WinXP Pro sp3         / Ubuntu 8.04.1
Thunderbird 2.0.0.16     / 2.0.0.16
Firefox 3.0              / 3.0
Open Office.org 2.4.1    / 2.4.1