Where is the boot log file stored?

Peter Williams pewtas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 03:18:08 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'd like to know (a) what is the filename of the boot log & (b) where is it
stored. The file I'm referring to will have the text of the messages which
appear when my pc is booting-up (e.g. before the log-in screen). I've
noticed a few strange messages -- but the text flies off the screen so
quickly that its very difficult to read it.

btw - I'm using Kubuntu 8.04 with KDE 4.0 -- not sure whether or not that
helps. I can't provide more of my systems specs if required.

Best Regards,
PEW

--
Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS

My free website is: http://pewtas.googlepages.com (or)
http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)