Konqueror missing one trick

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 06:28:59 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> O. Sinclair wrote:
>
>> The long list of stuff you can do via Konqi was fun reading, I learnt a
>> few tricks along the way.
>>
>> For me however there is one or two things that makes me stick to Firefox
>> for most of my web browsing and the main thing is the ability for
>> add-ons or plugins.
>>
>> Was/is Konqueror not supposed to be able to support plugins as well? Is
>> it just that noone use/write them or what? I would love my favorites
>> Flashblock and Adblock Plus in Konquerer, possibly also a different way
>> to deal with Bookmarks and bye-bye FF3..
>
> It _does_ find firefox plugins.  How well it uses them, I don't know.  Much
> as I'd love to say bye-bye to FF, it isn't really possible as too many
> sites don't write compliant code.  And whether it's compliant or not,
> Konqueror often doesn't handle "javascript:" links in pages.
Well, I got the netscape-plugins package and I can see a few of them
being used, but they seem to be related to mplayer, xine, flash etc. all
of them. I meant in a more general way, like opening up for FF add-ons
such as Adblock and Flashblock (my favvo) and so on. Or have a wiki-page
where it is described how to write, enable and spread plug-ins (who else
use netscape plugins now, Seamonkey I guess).