windows overwrote boot record

Juan Kawada juankawada at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 03:48:59 UTC 2008

I wonder. If i install ubuntu, just on a tiny partition, It will rewrite the
boot record and fix this right? what would happen if I uninstall the new
ubuntu installation after that? would I be in another dilemma with my boot
records?
I need to get kubuntu back, so I may have to do that if nobody can come up
with any ideas. If worse comes to worse i'll make a small install of ubuntu,
and just change grub's default os to kubuntu.

also, If I install ubuntu now, would it correct the partition numbers so
that I can fix this? if so how would that be done? Just shooting around
ideas here, as i'm at a complete loss.
I've convinced three of my friends to start using kubuntu regularly, and yet
i'm still a total newbie.