Konqueror missing one trick

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Thu Aug 21 16:19:30 UTC 2008

On Thursday 21 August 2008 10:37:44 am Derek Broughton wrote:
> david wrote:
> > On Thursday 21 August 2008 10:00:06 am Knapp wrote:

> > The drawback for me is nfl.com's fantasy football. the login link on the
> > right will not load in konq, but works fine in FF.
>
> Yes - this is exactly the issue I mentioned.  The submit button is a
> javascript link, not a proper form button.  I don't know whether this is
> blessed by w3c or not, but it's common, it makes sense, and it really
> breaks konqueror's ability to work with _many_ pages.

Yes. I find it won't work with my online bank either.

I think this points to the real tragedy here.  The guardians of KDE have
declared that they are moving the marvelous file functions that have been
mentioned to Dolphin, which is a poor file manager in comparison, and leaving
Konqueror as a web browser only -- an inferior (as compared to FF) web
browser instead of a superior file manager.