new dvd drive won't play dvds, but old one can

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 08:34:23 UTC 2008

2008/8/19 Juan Kawada <juankawada at gmail.com>:
> Ok. I changed thee setting in kaffeine to point to the new dvd drive instead
> of the old. now dvds play in the new one, but not the old. I think that's
> pretty ridiculous that it doesn't automatically work for both after
> installing libdvdcss (and reinstalling after I added the new drive). Is
> there a way I can tell it to look at both of them?  And is this something I
> might want to file a bug report on?

I don't have two drives so i can test but i think that if you insert a
DVD in any drive and selecting "Play with kaffeine" in the dialog box
that opens it will start playing the DVD that you inserted. If you
look in /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/kaffeine_play_dvd.desktop
you have "Exec=kaffeine -d %u DVD" the -d switch is for setting the
device to open. If it don't work for you it looks like a bug but as i
sad i don't have two drives to test with.

/ Jonas