grub-install

Jerry Lapham rjlapham at cinci.rr.com
Tue Aug 19 23:01:55 UTC 2008

Does the Kubuntu installation from CD/DVD use grub-install?

My laptop has three 20Gig partitions with an old version of PCLinuxOS on hda5,
Mandriva 2008.1 on hda6, and kubuntu 8.04 on hda7.  I had to reinstall
Mandriva and now when I boot I get a grub menu with Mandriva as the first
entry.  When I scroll down and select the kubuntu entry it takes me to
another grub menu, presumably the one I had before reinstalling Mandriva.
I'd like to get rid of that first menu.  Would running grub-install in
kubuntu do it?

	-Jerry
Jerry Lapham
Monroe, OH  45050