Konqueror the ultimate Linux tool or cool things you can do with it

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Aug 19 18:58:29 UTC 2008

Knapp wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Derek Broughton
> <news at pointerstop.ca>wrote:
>
>> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>
>> > What is the name of the script that fish creates? I've not noticed
>> > this.
>>
>> ~/.fishsrv.pl

>> So is there a good reason to debug fish? IT sounds like sftp is better
> anyway and it works just fine now?

Only for curiosity :-)  I don't know of anything that works with fish that
doesn't work with sftp, so as long as one or the other works for any site
you need, that should be good enough.  Now, one might wonder why we don't
just use a single kio slave that will try one version first, and if not
successful fall back to the other.  When it comes to that, it should
probably be "ftp:", not "sftp:" - and should default to using sftp (unless
explicitly requested not to), then fish, then ftp.
--
derek