Konqueror the ultimate Linux tool or cool things you can do with it

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Aug 19 15:30:56 UTC 2008

Knapp wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Knapp wrote:
>> > I thought that fish was really cool but it does not seem to work with
>> > public key ssh. Anyone have any ideas about that? Does it work for you?
>>
>> Works for me. Remember to use the passphrase for the key, not your login
>> password when asked for credentials. Is the openssh-server running on the
>> remote machine? Can you login via ssh to the remote machine?
>
> Yes, all is fine and even sftp works on konqueror but not fish.

ssh to your server, and check that your home directory there contains
~/.fishsrv.pl - this is the program that acts as the server for fish: and
has 444 permission on my site (doesn't even need execute).  The only thing
that jumps out at me in there is that it has a hardcoded path
to /usr/bin/file, so try "which file" from the ssh session - if "file" is
on a different path, I'd guess fish wouldn't work.  Of course, fish
couldn't work if you don't actually have write access to that home
directory either - and I can imagine certain cases where that could be
true.
--
derek