Konqueror the ultimate Linux tool or cool things you can do with it

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Aug 19 02:34:13 UTC 2008

Knapp wrote:

> Does anyone else know of cool things konqueror can do?

I just found another one.  I had to download a file from a development web
site, and copy it across to my production site.

Normally, I'd use "Save as" from Konqueror to save to /tmp, then use scp to
copy the file to the production site.  This time, I thought, "I wonder if I
can use an sftp: url in the Save File dialog" - and sure enough, I can.  It
turns out to be a silly idea in this case, as the file is large and the
network link is slow and I would have used the -C option to scp to compress
it in transit, but it shows the incredible flexibility of KDE's kio slaves.
--
derek