I've downloaded an archive of a screen saver -- where does it belong?

Peter Williams pewtas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 04:23:31 UTC 2008

Hello All Kubuntu fans,

today I downloaded a screen saver from here:
http://www.kde-look.org/content/download.php?content=29207&id=1&tan=87676054

It is called KDE Asciiquarium... and the screen shot of it looks really
cool... so I definitely want to install it. The problem is that I don't know
the command to uncompress the file nor the file location where the files (in
the archive) belong.

The file which I have downloaded (containing the screen saver files) is
named "29207-aasaver-0.3.2.tar.bz2". And it is located in the following
folder on my pc:

/home/user/Archives/Themes/  <--- folder e.g. my user name is 'user'.

Can someone please tell me the exact command(s) which I need to enter in
order to uncompress the screen saver to the correct location & all how to
configure it. Note: I was able to open this archive file with one of the
archive managers (I forget which one) and view its contents, however I have
no idea where to put the files (e.g. where to uncompress them to).

btw - I'm using Linux Kubuntu 8.04 (code named Hardy Heron) with KDE 4.0
imsc.

Best Regards and Happy Computing.
PEW

--
Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS

My free website is: http://pewtas.googlepages.com (or)
http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)