Fw: Can anybody help me????

Willy K. Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 17:31:35 UTC 2008

--------------000404070708050708020301

Billie Walsh wrote:
> John Heinen wrote:
>> Billie Walsh wrote:
>>  =20
>>> On 08/13/2008 DEEPESH KATKAR wrote:
>>>  =20

>>> Simple answer is yes you can use both.
>>>
>>> Most any CD burning software knows what to do with the ISO that you=20
>>> downloaded. So burn the disk. Put it in the CD drive and reboot your =

>>> computer [ check the bios to make sure the computer will boot from th=
e=20
>>> CD drive before the hard drive ]. You will be given a choice of wheth=
er=20
>>> you want to run Kubuntu from the CD [ can't save any work you do ],=20
>>> install Kubuntu, boot from the hard drive, or check the CD [ not a ba=
d=20
>>> idea at this point ]. In a fresh install of this type I usually run f=
rom=20
>>> the CD then when it's up and running click on the install icon on the=
=20
>>> desktop. [ Why? - I don't know, I just do. ] After a couple pages of =

>>> information the installer will give you a suggestion on how to instal=
l.=20
>>> Usually it does a pretty good job of choosing the sizes and partition=
s=20
>>> and I will just go with it. If you want to do something different=20
>>> there's an advanced button that takes you to another page where you c=
an=20
>>> set it up your way. Once that's done it installs.
>>>
>>> Once the installation is complete and the system reboots the first th=
ing=20
>>> you will see after the POST is the Grub boot menu. This is where you =

>>> choose which OS to run.
>>>
>>> Have fun.
>>>
>>>  =20
>>>    =20
>> Sure it's easy, go to firefox, read about wubi, let me know. John Hein=
en

>>  =20
>=20
> I tried it with my new laptop. It did work but I, for whatever reason, =

> decided to do the traditional dual boot.
>=20
BTW, does a system running from a loop mounted image file. like in the
case of WUBI installs, run at the same speed as traditional ones? is
there any noticeable sluggishness or it runs as fast as the traditional?

--=20
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems

--------------000404070708050708020301

YmVnaW46dmNhcmQNCmZuOldpbGx5IEhhbXJhDQpuOkhhbXJhO1dpbGx5DQplbWFpbDtpbnRl
cm5ldDp3LmhhbXJhMTk4N0BnbWFpbC5jb20NCngtbW96aWxsYS1odG1sOkZBTFNFDQp2ZXJz
aW9uOjIuMQ0KZW5kOnZjYXJkDQoNCg==
--------------000404070708050708020301--