I need to Sort [alphabetically] the Application Launcher Menu (widget)

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Aug 12 13:11:44 UTC 2008

Peter Williams wrote:

> I press Alt-F2 and type xterm. This is a copy of my session (below my
> signature):
>
> No sign of kwrite or kcontrol command. Also, no kcontrol.desktop file?!?

kwrite (not my choice of editors, but whatever floats your boat) is part of
the "kate" package, and if you don't have kate either, how did you ever
manage to install kubuntu?  Do:

# sudo aptitude install kubuntu-desktop

fwiw, kcontrol.desktop is _not_ part of a default 8.04 kubuntu install (it's
no longer in the kcontrol package) but kcontrol still is.
--
derek