KControl crashes when screen saver option is selected.

Peter Williams pewtas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 03:57:59 UTC 2008

Hi Kubuntu Users,

I have a bug which is simple to reproduce (for me). If I press Alt+F2 then
enter 'kcontrol' and press enter, kcontrol opens. Then if I click on the
screen saver section it crashes. See attached file ( .kcrash file).

I have tried re-installing kconsole and also the screen savers. I get the
same error.

Earlier today my pc lost power and when the power came back on I noticed
that there are some icons on the desktop which I deleted -- but when I click
on them (to open) the Linux complains that the files don't exist !?! Could
this error be related to my kcontrol crash?!?

I'm still just a newbie and I'd really appreciate any help!!!

--
Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS

My free website is: http://pewtas.googlepages.com (or)
http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)