I need to Sort [alphabetically] the Application Launcher Menu (widget)

Peter Williams pewtas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 20:10:04 UTC 2008

G'day Donn & Fellow Kubuntu Fans,

subj: Re: I need to Sort [alphabetically] the Application Launcher Menu
(widget)

{ Still haven't managed to sort the menu (widget) submenus or menu items.
However, I am happier 'cos now I have access to kconsole... before, it
wasn't installed ;-))) That was the problem why commands like Donn suggested
(below) were not working. }

2008/8/12 Donn <donn.ingle at gmail.com>

> On Monday, 11 August 2008 20:23:19 Peter Williams wrote:
> > I press Alt-F2 and type xterm. This is a copy of my session (below my
> > signature):
>
> Press Alt+F2 and type kcontrol and press enter.
>
> If you need to run kcontrol as root, then Alt+F2 and type:
> kdesu kcontrol

Well... that didn't work! Got a message saying that it could not find
'kcontrol'. So then I started the 'Adept Manager' and searched for
'kconsole'. I located it and found that it was marked as 'not installed'. I
changed it to 'request install' and APPLY'ed the changes. It then installed
the kconsole and now when I press Alt+F2 and type kcontrol -- it now works
;-)))

Thanks to everyone who has helped !!! *SMILE*

Best Regards and Happy Computing
PEW

> hth,
> \d
>
> --
> Benford's Law of Controversy: Passion is inversely proportional to the
> amount
> of real information available.
>
> Fonty Python and other dev news at:
> http://otherwiseingle.blogspot.com/

Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS
from Hobart, Tasmania, Australia -- phone (03) 6236-9675

My free website is: http://pewtas.googlepages.com (or)
http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)