NBC will not play video for linux!! Time for a lettering?

Jeff kubuntu.user at bulkmail.letterboxes.org
Mon Aug 11 19:49:20 UTC 2008

 On 11 Aug 2008 at 9:40, Derek Broughton wrote about:
 Re: NBC will not play video for linnux!! Time for a lettering?

> Knapp wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 7:53 PM, Art Alexion <art.alexion at verizon.net>
> > wrote:
> >> On Sunday 10 August 2008 13:44:50 Knapp wrote:
> >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympics/default.stm
> >>
> > Almost as bad, "sorry that medium is not available in your area." Got
> > that trying to watch the swim video.
>
> I'd say "worse".  It took me 10 minutes to actually find a live feed (most
> of the links were circular) but then I got the "not available in your area"
> message (which I rather expected, having tried BBC before).

Remember that the BBC is funded by a licence/tax on TV usership in
the UK, so it rather riles the people who pay for it if there money
is used to provide services elsewhere. Now if someone were to suggest
that the BBC should go wholely commercial, that really would be a
good idea.

Jeff