re dual boot Kubuntu 8.0.4/Ubuntu 8.0.4

Alan GrokIt at ajinfosearch.com
Sun Aug 10 23:25:42 UTC 2008

On Sunday 10 August 2008 2:59:46 am Ray Burke wrote:
> GrokIt at ajinfosearch.com,
>
> Why do I reverse the drives, as I already can dual boot to the Me o/s 40gb,
> so as to load the cdrom of the iso kubuntu 8.0.4,
> And I still dont understand the procedures when the kubuntu screen comes
> up????????

When you install the new operating system, the autoloader (grub) will automatically be put on the
same disk.  In order to get windows to recognize your new kubuntu takes a lot of doing and may not
be worth the trouble.  If you install kubuntu on the primary disk, it goes a lot smoother and you
are up and running quickly.  It is the way I have done it many times before and I have never had any
problems.  It may be that grub would be installed on the primary hdd anyway, that is something I
will have to check out since I have never done it that way.  Does somebody else has any experience
with this?
Do you mean that you are not sure about the steps to install?  I am not too sure what you mean by
procedures.  If you could explain it a little more, I'd be glad to try and help you out.

--
"The second most satisfying thing in life is to totally understand a complicated concept.
If you are very lucky you may attain *the* most satisfying thing in life and actually grok it."