re dual boot Kubuntu 8.0.4/Ubuntu 8.0.4

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sun Aug 10 14:05:28 UTC 2008

On Saturday 09 August 2008 6:01:21 pm Ray Burke wrote:
>  > >> Sirs,
>  > >>
>  > >> I am trying to dual boot my current system which is-
>  > >> 1/ Hddo drive c 80gb xp pro sp3
>  > >> 2/ hdd1 drive d 40gb me
>  > >> so I want instructions on how to make my drive d hdd1 40gb
Mesystem as
>  > >> replaced with dual boot Kubuntu 8.0.4/Ubuntu 8.0.4 , thus
keepingmy xp pro
>  > >> sp3 on Hdd0 drive c, so I can have a dual boot Hdd0 xp pro sp3on
drive c
>  > >> 80gb and Ubuntu drive d Hdd1 40gb, can you help,as not sure where
I load up
>  > >> the iso disc I made of the Kubuntu/Ubuntu onto whatcurrent systems on
>  > >> either xp pro or Me, and does it pickup that I have twoseperate
>  > >> drives???????????? ray

If I remember correctly there is an "Advanced" button when it comes time
to tell Kubuntu where to install. The installer will give it's
suggestion to resize one, or both, drives but click on the advanced
button. When the next page opens just tell it to use all of HDD1. Finish
up with th4e installation. Done.