kontact (KDEv4.1) and Google Calendar

Michael W. Holdeman chief at porterfire.org
Fri Aug 8 14:50:19 UTC 2008

On Friday 08 August 2008 04:56:53 Alain Muls wrote:
> Hi Kubuntu-users
>
> I am trying to make a switch from HH KDEv3.5 to HH KDEv4.1.
> I managed to convert my thunderbird mail and address book to kontact with
> only very minor problems. A first question is the following: is the
> information in the address book used throughout all KDE programs, eg
> Kopete?
>
> Another problem I have not solved is how to access a Google Calendar I use
> into kontact. How does one synchronize the korganizer calendar with the
> Google calendar?
>
> Tx/Alain
I recently set this up with GCaldaemon. Google it as I dont remember exactly
how I did it. It does work pretty well for me, but I am still having trouble
with kontact 4.1 getting the resource colors correct and making them stick. I
use it with 7 different google cal's and it syncs well.

Mike
--
Michael W. Holdeman
Chief