man pages

Willy K. Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 14:31:49 UTC 2008

Donn wrote:
> On Friday, 08 August 2008 15:42:53 Willy K. Hamra wrote:
>> man files are great, but are a bit old fashioned, and don't serve
>> the user's needs in a graphical environment.
> Try reading them via Konqueror (maybe Dolphin too?)
> Type "man: command" in the address bar.
>
> \d

thanks, i already know this, but my point is that these man pages are
written for the command line programs. GUI applications rarely have man
pages, they have help files, but most of them are too short and some
contain nothing but a brief description of the program.

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems