Auto logon Kubuntu 8.04

Robert Costa zabbarob at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 1 17:48:38 UTC 2008

2008/8/1 theWeissGuy <msw at theweissguy.com>:
> How can I set Kubuntu 8.04 to auto logon at startup?

KDE3: did you try "kcontrol" and there system administration -> login
manager -> convenience? you need to do it in system administration
mode (I hope my translation is correct, as my KDE3 is running german
at the moment)

KDE4: start "/usr/lib/kde4/bin/systemsettings" then select Advanced ->
Login Manager -> Convenience

on the convenience tab there should be an "enable auto-login" checkbox

ah.. and you should start the programs with super user rights, using
sudo or kdesudo

cya,
Robert.

> theWeissGuy

Was man zu verstehen gelernt hat, das fürchtet man nicht mehr.