Strange problem with D3lphin [SOLVED!!!]

Valter Mura valtermura at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 19:18:14 BST 2008

Il mercoledì 30 aprile 2008 12:08:00 Jonas Norlander ha scritto:
> 2008/4/30 Willy Hamra <w.hamra1987 at gmail.com>:
> > i've always removed dolphin first thing when installing gutsy, but i
> > havent decided what to do with hardy once i finish the download (crappy
> > connection), is dolphin better than konqi? i like konqueror very much,
> > but if dolphin is being made sort of the official file manager for
> > kubuntu, there's gotta be a reason for that, is advisable to keep dolphin
> > or stick to konqi?
>
> Hi
>
> The Dolphin version (0.9.2) in Gutsy is the same in Hardy . I don't remove
> Dolphin but make Konqueror the default instead.

Hi All!!!

This is a victory against my sillness!

I followed the thread suggested by claydoh (thank you, thank you very much!)

(https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dolphin/+bug/204741)

and I modified the
file /usr/share/apps/d3lphin/servicemenus/amarok_addaspodcast.desktop with
the strings contained
in /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/amarok_addaspodcast.desktop

- first 3 strings

and, very important, I add the string
"Exec=dcop amarok playlistbrowser addPodcast %u"
between the strings

"Icon=amarok"
and
"X-Ubuntu-Gettext-Domain=desktop_extragear-multimedia_amarok"

Now Dolphin works correctly and I'm happy again... ;-)

Regards,
--
Valter
Gnupgp ID: 0xD7274715 in hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com