ReiserFS

David McGlone d.mcglone at att.net
Wed Apr 30 19:11:20 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 30 April 2008 11:49:03 am Derek Broughton wrote:
> Constantinos Maltezos wrote:

> >> I really don't understand where your train of thought comes from.
> >> Quoting and citing sources is not illegal. Whether it may be copyrighted
> >> or not. If the original poster claimed that what he posted
> >> was_his_own_words, then _that_is_ theft and copyright infringement.
> >
> > I've only kept half an eye on this ridiculous thread, but I was wondering
> > when someone would speak some sense.
>
> Sense?  He's telling people to go ahead and break the law without any
> understanding of the law.

How am I'm telling people to break the law?
No_law_is_broken_if_you_cite_your_source!! Simple as that.

What I said above made perfect sense. I think our misunderstanding is where
you think I am stating that copying "whole" works is not illegal. I wouldn't
know about that, but I do know that taking excerpts or even paragraphs from
an author and citing your source is_perfectly_legal. there are no and, if or
buts about it.

David M.