VENT - Ticked with Kubuntu

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Tue Apr 22 12:57:26 UTC 2008

On 04/21/2008 Derek Broughton wrote:
>  Yes, but what if you _don't_ already have a retail copy of XP? MS wants to
>  stop selling it, so yes, you'll be _forced_ to use Vista if you want
Windows.

Just a little over  ayear ago I needed Win95 for some silly reason. My
diskette version had been "loaned" out to someone and was gone who
remembers where. I bought a NEW, sealed, retail Win95 on eBay for very
litle. When I opened it I discovered it was a manufacturer screw up and
two disks were stuck together by the ink. So I now have two. To top it
all off it is a better Win95 than I had before because it has USB support.

The point of all this is that even though Microsoft stops selling it
there will be copies available for quite some time. Because of demand
the price will probably be much higher than my Win95. BUT they will be
available.