Desktop Effects

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Fri Apr 25 17:45:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Nigel Ridley <nigel at rmk.co.il> wrote:

> After playing with compiz etc. I removed all the packages and tried the
> 'Desktop Effects'
> from the 'System' entry on the 'K Menu'. It tells me that the compiz
> engine is installed
> (compiz KDE) and I then choose 'Extra Effects' (You'll Need Sunglasses)
> and my 10 desktops
> disappear - leaving me with just 4.
>
> How do I get more than 4 desktops?

Nigel,

Not sure you can without having Compiz and the Compiz configuration control
panel installed.  You can reinstall the Compiz packages, and then in
"Desktop Effects", select "Custom".  Then you can go to the Advanced Desktop
Effects Configuration (I can't remember for sure what it's called, but I
know it's under "Settings"). I believe the number of desktops is set in
"General Preferences".

--
Richard S. Crawford (rscrawford at mossroot.com)
http://www.mossroot.com