services?

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Fri Apr 25 17:41:21 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Willy Hamra <w.hamra1987 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I dont know if this is what they are called on linux, they are called so
> on windows, i want to know about programs that run on startup, usually with
> root permissions, how can i add a program to such a list?
> thanks in advance

Willy,

To find out what services you have available and are running, go to:

K Menu -> System Settings

Then click on the Advanced tab, and then click on "System Services".

As to which services you want to add, that depends. Which services are you
planning to add? Why do they need root access?

--
Richard S. Crawford (rscrawford at mossroot.com)
http://www.mossroot.com