Power Management on Laptops

mauricio trujillo mau.trc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 16:55:33 UTC 2008

I'm having kindda the same problem here. It began when I installed my
printer's driver (Canon IP2200). Once it was installed there was a process
that used all the CPU making the fan go crazy, I figured that out with the *
top* command. Maybe its not your case, but go ahead a look which processes
are running when your fan begins to work very hard.