ReiserFS

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 13:50:40 UTC 2008

El Miércoles 30 Abril 2008, Derek Broughton escribió:
> Perhaps not, but I find it distressing - and blame OSS for part of it -
> that people consider it perfectly alright to steal somebody else's
> intellectual property without a second thought.  What you did is theft.
>  Citing it doesn't make it right.  Unfortunately, we're all so used to
> freely sharing software and documentation - legally - that many people
> can't differentiate between what they can copy and what they can't.

It's NOT theft. I'll let Thomas Jefferson explain it for you:

of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of it. Its peculiar
character, too, is that no one possesses the less, because every other
possesses the whole of it. He who receives an idea from me, receives
instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at
mine, receives light without darkening me. That ideas should freely spread
from one to another over the globe, for the moral and mutual instruction of
man, and improvement of his condition, seems to have been peculiarly and
benevolently designed by nature, when she made them, like fire, expansible
over all space, without lessening their density at any point, and like the
air in which we breathe, move, and have our physical being, incapable of
confinement or exclusive appropriation. Inventions then cannot, in nature, be
a subject of property." - Thomas Jefferson

depends on the unreasonable man." (George Bernard Shaw)