how to authenticate my local repository

Paul S paulatgm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 12:30:01 UTC 2008

Alexander Smirnov said the following on 04/30/2008 03:27 AM:
> is so, you can either mount big partition to /var/cache/apt, or make a
> symbolic link /var/cache/apt/archives -> /mnt/big_partition

the link is what I seem to be succeeding with.  Of course, putting it on
a dvd won't work, unless I leave the dvd in all the time or load it when
doing aptitude installs and remake links every time .. certainly not as
helpful as getting it working as it should.

> order in /etc/apt/sources.list is important. Move your repository at the
> top.

already have it at the top, and it makes no difference.

regards,