Language problem with Firefox 3 beta

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 09:59:31 UTC 2008

2008/4/30 lanzen <lanzenesi at gmail.com>:
> On Tuesday 29 April 2008 23:23:35 Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>  > I'm not the OP, but I was able to find country's language pack by
>  > playing with the url. However, after restarting Firefox it is still in
>  > English! I suppose that I need to update my locale:
>  >
>  > hardy2 at hardy2-laptop:~$ locale
>  > LANG=en_US.UTF-8
>
>  Yes, I think that's the reason.
>
>  $ locale
>  LANG=it_IT.UTF-8
>
>  You need to select the default language and place it up in the list if it's
>  not yet.
>
>  --
>  lanzen

For changing locale for the whole system the settings are in
/etc/default/locale.
Changing for a user add it to ~/.profile or ~/.bashrc for login shells
and ~/.bashrc
only for non-login shells. Bash will also read ~/.bash_login and ~/.bash_profile
if the exist. I'm not sure what what files KDM will read at login perhaps some
else know?

/ Jonas