Assigning ROOT a password

Bill Vance kbun at xpresso.seaslug.org
Wed Apr 30 08:03:44 UTC 2008

Larry Hartman wrote:

{snip}

>My point only had meaning under the assumption of an enabled root account.
>Why lock the back door if the front door has a gaping hole?  But this point
>died when I realized and was simultaneously told that the root account is
>disabled.

Assuming one wanted to enable it, how would you go about doing it?

Bill

    RKBA!      *        Blessings on thee, oh Israel!!!       *       4-19!

An _EFFECTIVE_  | Insured by | All Matter is vibration. | Let he who hath no
weapon in every |  by Colt;  | --Max Planck             | weapon, sell his
hand = Freedom  |    Dial    | In the beginning was the | garment, and buy a
on every side!! |  1-911-A1  | Word.  --The Holy Bible  | sword. --Jesus Christ

     Constitutional Government is dead!   LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!!