ReiserFS

J. Michael Morse mmorse757 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 19:24:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>
wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>
>  > Derek Broughton wrote:
>  >> Michael wrote:
>  >>
>  >>> /Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This
material
>  >>> may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed./
>  >>>
>  >>
>  >> Does it make it alright to reprint copyrighted material if you post
the
>  >> copyright notice that proves you stole it?
>  >>
>  > It is called citing your source.  ;)
>
>  No, it's called plagiarism.  Fair use does NOT include stealing the whole
>  article.  Just provide a URL and a summary.
>  --
>  derek

If I were writing a term paper, I would agree.  And even then, it still
wouldn't be plagiarism.  Plagiarism is the intentional use of work that is
not your own and claiming that it is.  No doubt, the professor would echo
what you have just said - *summarize* and then cite the source.  So,
I* am*guilty of improper citation.  However, there is a world of
difference
between stealing (plagiarism) and improper citation.

Needless to say, I won't be losing any sleep wondering if lawyers for Fox
News will be banging on my door.  ;)