ReiserFS

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Apr 29 16:22:50 UTC 2008

David McGlone wrote:

> On Tuesday 29 April 2008 9:02:27 am Michael wrote:
>> Derek Broughton wrote:
>> >
>> > Does it make it alright to reprint copyrighted material if you post the
>> > copyright notice that proves you stole it?
>
> You didn't steal it.
>
> "Plagiarism is the practice of claiming or implying original authorship of
> (or incorporating material from) someone else's written or creative work,
> in whole or in part, into one's own without adequate acknowledgement."

OK, plagiarism may be a bit harsh - however merely citing a copyright notice
is not generally considered "adequate" acknowledgement, so it's still
debatable.  However, the text _was_ stolen.  You can't just post
copyrighted material anywhere you want.

> Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism
>
> I could have written my own definition, instead I quoted wikipedia and
> cited my source.

Wikipedia is different, since you _do_ have a legal write to quote it.
--
derek