ReiserFS

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 29 13:08:29 BST 2008

O. Sinclair wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>> Alexander Smirnov wrote:

>>> I like it, and use in every K/Ubuntu installation.
>>>

>> I used it a short while.  A friend recommended it.  It worked fine; the
>> only problem that I could see was the fact that you have to defrag, like
>> when you use Microsoft products.  Ext3 doesn't require defragmentation,
>> I am told.  My experience is limited, however, I thought the defrag info
>> was interesting and worth looking into.  I am still using Gutsy and Ext3
>> as my file system.
>>

> I had the bad experience of a couple of crashes using ReiserFS. Went
> "back" to Ext3 and so far no problems whatsoever. Still on Gutsy though
> but the 1-2 PC I am testing with Hardy behaves very well so far
>
> Sinclair

I wish I could contribute more.  I get so much help from the forum,
however, my skill level is not yet worthy of helping much.  Every little
opportunity I get, I try though.  I hope you get your problems solved.
I am installing Hefty on a separate partition and will soon dual boot
with Gutsy and Hefty.  If I learn anything about which file system is
best, I will forward the news to you.  Success!

Steven