ReiserFS

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 29 10:26:34 UTC 2008

Alexander Smirnov wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>
>> Not Kubuntu specific but interesting just the same. I don't think that
>> K/Ubuntu ever used this file system, did they?
>>
> I like it, and use in every K/Ubuntu installation.

I used it a short while.  A friend recommended it.  It worked fine; the
only problem that I could see was the fact that you have to defrag, like
when you use Microsoft products.  Ext3 doesn't require defragmentation,
I am told.  My experience is limited, however, I thought the defrag info
was interesting and worth looking into.  I am still using Gutsy and Ext3
as my file system.

Steven